Wednesday, October 13, 2010

dress design for shabby apple dresses: #1

I've been back and forth over whether or not I should enter any designs in the Shabby Apple Dresses Dare To Design challenge. There are a ton of talented people out there who REALLY know how to sew, so I feel like I don't even stand a chance. And it says the entry should include "ideas of fabric and colors and design inspiration," which has me totally freaked and feeling completely inadequate. BUT, it's been super fun coming up with dress designs that now I can't not enter. Anyways, here's my first design:




I love how feminine and simple this one is. It has a really classic silhouette with just a simple tie around the waist. I can imagine it in a flowy grey chiffon type material, perhaps a double layer so that it's not too sheer and so that there would be a lot of movement with it. I would obviously insist it had pockets. Don't you love dresses with pockets?? Genius. And functional. And I think you could easily pair this with a little cardigan and some fun accessories to make it your own. I don't know what to say my inspiration was since it just kind of popped into my head and then ended up on paper. But the sweetness of it makes me smile. And as Zach said, simply sketching the dresses inspired me. So, there ya go.
There's one dress down.... a couple more to go....

No comments: