Thursday, October 14, 2010

dress design for shabby apple dresses: #2

This is my second entry for Shabby Apple Dresses, but it's the first one that came into my head. I was reading someone's blog once and there was a picture of the wife in a shirt that had tiny ruffles at the shoulder of her shirt, and for some reason I couldn't stop looking at it. It was such a sweet little detail that I couldn't get it out of my head and it kept popping up on the dresses I was drawing.


I think this dress is super wearable. I imagined it in a comfortable knit, but I think it would also be really lovely in a chiffon/blousy type material. It would be pretty in a variety of colors: plum, a dusty pink, black.... In the knit I can see it being an easy, casual, every day kind of dress. I drew it with an extra layer peeking out of the hem which I find really cute. I want this dress. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wha--! You DREW that?!!

maurine said...

I likey. Actually, I have ordered a shabby apple dress before, and I like it a lot, but lately, I feel like all of their dresses are too much. Too over the top. Not something I could wear out to dinner, but more like something that I would only feel comfortable wearing to church. But, this really does look wearable. I say, if it doesn't get chosen, then make it anyway (and one for me too)!