Thursday, September 16, 2010

watch out now

Hold onto your butts...... I made something! It's been a while. I actually made TWO things yesterday, but I can't post the other one as it is a Christmas present for my sister. But it's so perfect I'm tempted to send it as a "Halloween present." Or maybe a "just because present." We'll see.
Oh, or the other option - I may just keep it for myself. heh heh heh....

So the other day Zach tossed a giant hooded sweatshirt into my sewing room. I knew immeadiately I would turn the sleeves into sweatpants for one of the boys, but I figured the rest of the hoodie would just go on the scrap shelf. Pants out of sleeves is EASY. Seriously. I'll do a tutorial about it one day. We're talking, 15 minute project. Perfect.
Anyways, I made the pants and they were pretty cute, but I kept looking at the rest of the hoodie and thinking how cute it would be to have the huge kangaroo pouch pocket on the front of a little kid's sweatshirt. So I started cutting and staring and cutting some more and staring some more.... I really didn't think it would all work out in the end. I never do. I was scared that making it without sleeves would make it look girly, and I wouldn't know if it worked till this morning since I was doing all this at 11:00 last night.
Anyways, it worked and it is awesome. And Max loves it. I tried taking it off so I could put a sleeved shirt underneath, but he wouldn't let me take it off of him. And he LOVES putting his hands in the pockets. So cute. And such a poser:





The hood is a little snug, but it works:



And here he's showing me how smart it makes him feel:


If you know me then you know that I have issues with matching or wearing things that are meant to go together. But a grey hooded sweatsuit on a two year old??? Hilarious.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be the first to say that it is awesome! You are dang good.

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

That is sooooo ...er... "seeeeeeeew" cute :) Way to go, Katie! :) LOVE IT.

Danielle said...

Wow this is fantastic! I LOVE that idea! You should make things more often. :) He's so cute.
You're kids make fantastic models for your craftiness.

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Okay the only thing that I love more than that sweatsuit is MAX! How hilarious is that kid? Well done Kat!

Emma said...

Super cute model and awesome sewing skills!

Danielle said...

I still cannot get over how freaking great this is.
Also, I didn't even comment on the fact that you brought Jurassic Park into this. Yes, this is a month past due, but it is so necessary to acknowledge that line.