Friday, June 4, 2010

the latest

I've neglected my sewing machine lately. Which means I've neglected myself as well. A problem that will soon be remedied. Hopefully. But here's the latest thing I've whipped up. I found this shirt for $1 at DI and thought it'd be cute to cut down for the Quinner. It originally fit me (did I take a before shot?? Of course not.) but I figured I should probably start dressing like a grown up at some point. I wasn't even tempted to keep it for myself. I'm making progress. :) Anyways, here's Quinn and his, quite honestly, brilliant posing. I think the kid is onto something. He's ahead of his time.


It's a little tight. I need to be better about sizing. It's definitely my downfall. I hold it up, take a mental note, and start cutting. But I actually love how it's fitted because that's so in in men's fashion right now, and typically toddler t-shirts are super baggy. I think he looks pretty cool. Yeah, my kid's fashion forward. OR I need to start measuring before I cut the fabric.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I love it.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Oh I could use one of you in my life. I could go to my beloved DI and use your mad skills to retro fit my retro dresses. Doesn't Quinners want to move next door?