Friday, October 29, 2010

I've been sewing....

I have some fun tights that I want to start wearing, but I've decided that colorful tights look silly with fuller skirts. Or tiered skirts. And those are the only kinds of skirts I own. So I'm in the process of "getting with the times" and adding some more fitted skirts to my wardrobe. I decided to start with this fabric that I found at DI for $3. I love it. AND I had to sew a zipper in the which I could definitely use some practice. Yikes. But it works. And since I used up almost all of the fabric and wouldn't be able to get more.... ever.... I played it safe and hemmed the skirt by hand. My mom would be proud of that. :) Anyways, I love the skirt. I'm still getting used to walking in something a little tighter. It comes to my knees so I can't really put a slit in it. Oh well. Anything for fashion:



My next feat I did today. I had bought Zach a plaid shirt for Halloween (we were the Wizard Of Oz crew at our ward party - he was the Scarecrow. No, I didn't take any pictures.) and he wasn't ever going to wear it again. He said it wasn't soft enough (?). But I liked the pattern ok and figured it would be a good one to experiment with since it was only $2. So today I chopped it up and sized it down. I really need to get better at that. I always make everything just a little too small. But, that's why I'm practicing, right?

Here's the before:

Yeah, I'm looking ROUGH. I think it was about 8:30 in the morning. Give me a break (ok, I looked like that until probably 2:00).

Here's the after:


It's a start. Now I'll be keeping my eyes openned for fun button ups that I can "fix". What do you think?
And don't you like how the mess in the background evolved through the day?
And what's up with me wearing those boots in two different pictures??? I swear I'm not trying to make a fashion statement. They're more like slippers to me. Slippers that I wear...... everywhere..... all the time.....

No comments: