Thursday, October 14, 2010

dress design for shabby apple dresses: #4 and #5

My last design(s) for Shabby Apple Dresses.
These are similar, but essentially two separate dresses. So I don't know why I'm doing them in one post.... other than to save time....
The tops would be the same blousy fabric with a slight puffed sleeve and a cowl neck.






Then I imagined a black high waisted skirt on one with a ruffle detail at one knee. Super fun, and as my friend said, "sassy."

The other dress would just continue with the blousy fabric all the way through and be belted at the waist. And pockets. :)














That's all!! I'll keep you all posted if I actually get anywhere with any of these (not likely, but wouldn't that be fun!?)

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want those dresses. And those red t-strap shoes. You can totally do this.

Unknown said...

Wow! Katie you are a great artist! I think you should keep on sketching up ideas and one by one try to make them. So cute! I still have not pressed that post button yet to share mine. How silly is that? So glad you entered!

Launa said...

I love them!! I would wear them all. I even love the artistry of your models. The whole thing is genius! I want you to win.

MaryPosa said...

The one on the left is my favorite so far. You are sew awesome.

Millie Green said...

All your designs are lovely! Are you going to make them? I can't wait to see.
Congratulations on making the top 15!

E B said...

I want the pattern for the blouse/skirt combo so-so-so badly. Are you giving it out?

rebecca said...

love the high waisted-ness. awesome.