Friday, April 23, 2010

think think think/link link link

Making shirts is way too fun. And easy. Once you've got the basic idea down, it's a breeze (I did a silly little how-to here). I've got my 4th top constructed for Spring Top Week (you can see my 3 other tops here, here, and here), but I think it still needs a little extra.

Here's what I've got so far:

Lovely just the way it is, but for some reason I'm imagining this kind of little do-dad on the neck:

So that's on my to-do list for today. That and keep the children alive. And make the house NOT look like I've done nothing but sew all day by the time the man walks in the door at 4:30 (this is for me, not for him. He could really care less. Isn't that nice?)

3 comments:

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Kat, this is the shirt I got at ann taylor loft. I LOVE it. The neck line is my favorite. I have the grey one. Maybe these flowers would look good on your blue. Pretty color.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=24466&N=1200005&categoryId=204&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_204&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Flag%20Blue&defaultSizeType=Regular

Anonymous said...

Ok. So all of these t-shirt re fashioning reminds me of a site I like to check out when blog surfing. ThreadBanger.com It has all kinds of cool videos for this kind of stuff. I found one video by a girl from http://www.generation-t.com/. You will Likey alot. :)

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

That last paragraph made me chuckle, I SO could have written that - I always do a quick sweep of the house before DH walks in, makes me feel better. :-)