Friday, April 30, 2010

done

I did it. I finished my last shirt just in time. I cut up one of my old silk skirts (seriously old - like, I bought it when I was 16) for the fabric, and I have maybe a sqaure foot of fabric left over. There was A LOT of trial and error, but in the end it amazingly worked out (still scratching my head over that). I'm pretty happy with the finished product. It's fancy. :)



Here's me feeling like a huge dork, locking myself in my sewing room to take pictures, and hoping my neighbors aren't looking through the window thinking, "She is the biggest dweeb in the world." Pose, pose, pose....


I would love to try this idea for a shirt again, only with a knit fabric next time. There's a lot of forgiveness (I think) in sewing with knit. But I have to say, I've had a breakthrough of sorts while sewing these shirts for myself. An acceptance. A new appreciation. Because, you see, a girl with a flat chest doesn't need to sew darts or do the fancy tailoring that a more endowed woman would. Finally, I see a benefit to my shape. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found your blog via the Spring Top Flickr pool. I must say that fabric is gorgeous - such a beautiful colour - and I really like the way your top turned out.

OUR HOUSE said...

me likey - let us know immediately if we need to vote:)